Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The 87th Academy Awards | Favourite Looks

Hey there!

It's unusual for me to do a midweek post, but early this week The Oscars took place and there are many things to talk about! I know, I'm a little late on this but better late than never, right?

Wow. There were so many gorgeous looks on the red carpet that night and I am in awe of all of them. Different people stunned in a variety of dresses and tuxes, and the admiration is real. How are they all so beautiful?! I'm not too familiar with all the designers and their pieces showcased during the show but I'm just going to roll with it. Here are a few of my favourite looks!

1. Chloe Grace Moretz in Miu Miu
Chloe, of course, is on my list. Normally a floral pattern like that can resemble curtains, but with that cut she rocks that dress! And that ear cuff? YES. She adds an edgy touch to her overall modern vintage look. Love!



2. Dakota Johnson in Saint Laurent
I thought her dress was a really pretty piece. It had a slightly prom-y feel to it, but was sophisticated at the same time. I liked how she kept makeup and accessories minimal; the focus was on the jewels and the sharp neckline.

3. Emma Stone in Elie Saab
Lately I've been seeing a lot of Elie Saab on my Tumblr dashboard and all the designs are amazing. It's no surprise here that Emma Stone looks absolutely beautiful (when does she ever disappoint?) and I love the fun orange of her her lips paired with the slightly green-tinted embellished piece.




4. Eddie Redmayne and Hannah Bagshawe in Alexander McQueen
I am absolutely in love with Hannah Bagshawe's dress! The cut of the dress is simple but the embellishments take it up to a whole new level. Eddie Redmayne compliments her perfectly in a midnight blue tux. #onfleek #relationshipgoals

By the way, can we just talk about how adorable Eddie Redmayne was when giving his Oscar speech? AWWWWW!


5. Lady Gaga in Alaia
Very Glinda the Good Witch-esque, I think, but in a fabulously sleek way. Her 'The Sound of Music' tribute was incredibly executed and I enjoyed it very much.

On a completely different note, Lady Gaga's trumpet tattoo fascinates me so much. It's so edgy and cool, yet classy and elegant. 


I have so many more favourites, like the very suave Chris Pratt, Viola Davis in her Zac Posen piece, and Zoe Saldana's nude Versace dress, but if I continue on I will never be able to finish this post; and to think, there are still the Oscars after party looks! Anyways, I'm no fashion critic but very nice looks from the red carpet this year. 

I truly enjoyed writing this post; a nice little birthday post for me to write today! Today's my birthday and I turn 15 this year. Thank you to all the lovely people who wished me a happy birthday; I hope you all have a nice day :-)




See you later! x

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top